Principle FPGA Design Engineer – Stevenage – £70,000
Principle FPGA Design Engineer, Stevenage, up to £70,000
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principle FPGA Design Engineer to join my clients R&D team to support our wireless test product range. We make test systems that support our customers in developing the latest 5G base stations.
Our client make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks – like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses, and data centres.
They are also at the forefront of optical security – we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
- Developing high speed digital electronic PCBs – Experience in developing FPGA Hardware and VHDL code, ideally on Xilinx FPGAs
- Knowledge of timing closure of control logic and interfaces to HW device
- Background with modern high-speed serial interfaces (highly desirable) including physical design of PCB tracking and analysis of signal integrity using tools such as Cadence Sigrity.
- PCB and schematic development
- Design of supporting circuitry such as power supply blocks, interface logic and basic analogue circuitry such as interfaces to data converters
- Testing and validating modules, PCBs and FPGA designs against product and design requirements
- Development of FPGA processing blocks to perform DSP and communication functions is desirable, including the use of MATLAB models for validation. A good understanding of such DSP techniques and of the associated 3G, 4G and 5G telecommunications technologies and standards would be preferred
- Programming skills – C# or C++ would be preferred
- Ability to mentor and coach the same or junior levels
Salary and benefits
- Up to £70k dependant on capability
- Contributory pension plan,
- Flexible holidays
LET’S ARRANGE A TIME TO DISCUSS FURTHER…
Beforehand it would be ideal to have a CV of yours in front of me, so email your up-to-date CV to
m a r t i n . b y r n e @ r t r s . c o . u k
Or…please call 0 1 1 6 4 6 4 6 9 7 1
Or…advise me on a suitable time to contact you (with your preferred contact number too!)