We have an exciting role for an experienced engineering specialist to work for a global leader within the Aerospace and Defence industry, this is a Lead role that requires demonstrable delivery experience within a systems engineering role.
You will be part of a specialised engineering team that is responsible for the systems engineering efforts across multiple active projects and bids. You will have responsibility for managing small teams of engineers with demonstrable experience of leading, inspiring and managing people.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Line management of a small engineering team, including managing performance development, mentoring, staff wellbeing, resourcing and recruitment
- Ability to lead teams of engineers, being responsible for planning and managing the work for yourself and the team, coaching more junior team members and taking technical responsibility for delivery of the team’s work packages
- Report team progress in a timely and accurate way
- Willing and able to mentor others in area(s) of specialism
- Good communication and people interaction skills, including leading presentations, meetings and group discussions
- Ability to understand, interpret and engineer solutions against complex and conflicting customer requirements
- Ability to contribute to high-level design and low-level design using technical experience, judgement and best practice
- Ability to confidently select the best approach, tools and products for a given task and justify these choices coherently through verbal and written communication
- Development of systems engineering artefacts including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions
- Provide specialist technical expertise to customer bids, projects or in-house product development
- Support team members involvement in bid development / evaluations
- Work with external third parties such as vendors / resellers, to develop robust, costed solutions and proofs of concept.
Mandatory skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working with Information Systems or large scale data correlation platforms
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- A firm grasp of open source technology
- Scripting experience across a range of languages such as Python, Bash and PowerShell, focusing on automation and integration
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies
- Understanding of enterprise networking & services (TCP/IP networks, devices & services e.g. DHCP/DNS)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of Splunk Enterprise system design and implementation or similar
- Experience of a broad range of cyber security tools such as Nessus, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA, EDR / EPP forensics, McAfee, and their integration into a cyber security solution
- Experience working with APIs to achieve an integration objective between dissimilar systems
- Experience with OT/ICS systems and the cyber protection thereof
- Automated build tooling such as Puppet and Docker
- Cloud platform exposure (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with enterprise system monitoring and administration toolsets
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air-gapped environments.