Principal/Senior Systems Engineer *Cyber*
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to sit at either a Principal or Senior position within an engineering team with responsibility for the design and build of a variety of cyber security and ICT products and solutions for use within defence, government or public sector organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a team focused on improving the Cyber Business area within a global Aerospace & Defence company.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience within a systems engineering or IT solution delivery role, and preferably working in a secure environment. You will possess a strong all round technical ability with an excellent working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. An awareness of cyber security capabilities is advantageous.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Requirements definition and analysis – you will capture, interpret and analyse complex and often conflicting customer requirements
- System Design – you will contribute to system design definition and possess the ability to expand high-level design into low-level design using technical experience, judgement and best practice
- Participation in technical design reviews
- Leading technology and feasibility studies – You will confidently select the best approach, tools and products for a given task and justify these choices
- Development, integration and test of system solutions including development of scripts in support of system automation and integration
- Progress and status reporting to internal customers
- Configuration and administration of system security tools including SIEM systems, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Detection and Response and others
- Troubleshooting system issues and faults to diagnose problems and offer proposed solutions.
- Implementation of security control measures, including enabling operating system lockdown controls
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions
- Willing and able to mentor others in area of specialism
- Provide specialist technical support to the business unit, supporting the project or wider programme (potential involvement in bid development/evaluation)
- Work with external third parties such as vendors / resellers, to develop robust & costed solutions
- Experience with SIEM toolsets, especially Splunk Enterprise Security, and other security tools
- Experience working with APIs to achieve an integration objective between dissimilar systems
- Experience of working with both relational and unstructured data using a variety of toolsets across heterogeneous environments and visualisation of such data
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Software development using high level languages (C#, Java etc)
- Infrastructure build experience and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Experience with enterprise system monitoring and administration toolsets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under broad direction, with minimal supervision, in challenging technical environments
- Ability to manage workload in pressurised environments, across multiple tasks, whilst balancing time and quality.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions