Project Commercial Specialist
We are looking for a Commercially astute Project Commercial specialist with Compliance and Procurement experience to support a project for one of the largest Aerospace and Defence companies currently. This role will be instrumental in ensuring that commercial and procurement strategies fully support delivery of a particular programme for the Contract Term.
*Please note, Due to the nature of this role, you must be eligible for or already have SC clearance to progress with the application*
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Reporting functionally to the Head of Commercial.
- Supporting the Project Manager throughout the project lifecycle management process.
- Protection of the commercial interests of Leonardo, including protection of Intellectual Property and the appropriate management of project variations.
- Optimisation of the commercial position of Leonardo in entering into new agreements and contracts.
- Working closely with other team members within the Integrated Project Team
- Where appropriate ensuring procurement activities of the project IPT to ensure the flow-down of key customer requirements and ensure the maintenance of a sustainable commercial and procurement risk environment.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The candidate also needs to have an awareness of ISO44001 and ideally have experience of working within an ISO44001 project or programme. The individual needs to be used to working independently and with minimal management oversight.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of internal and external relationships including broad experience of working cross functionally in order to influence a breadth of business decisions throughout the lifecycle management process.
- An understanding of mechanisms for mitigating risks associated with entering into commercial agreements with clients and sub-contractors.
- Able to manage the ‘Commercial to Commercial’ relationship for the company; ensuring that the division is viewed as honest, trustworthy, easy to work with, and committed to delivering customer satisfaction.
- Recognised as a credible and informed commercial professional throughout the customer and supplier environment, with the ability to form lasting relationships at all levels internally, with customer.
- Assessment of contract variations and the ability to negotiate customer changes whilst maintaining a positive customer relationship.
- First-class communication skills; commercial shrewdness, including strong negotiating skills.
- Comfortable working across functional boundaries, able to influence others in order to achieve common goals.