Principal Microwave Engineer
We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking Scientists and Engineers who thrive on cutting edge designs to join a Microwave team in the exciting field of RF Photonics for a key player in Aerospace, Defence and Security. This is an exciting opportunity to create RF focused self-protection systems for Land, Air, UAV and Naval platforms.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You will have a degree, or equivalent experience, in Electronic Engineering, Physics or Opto-Electronics
- You have experience and knowledge of designing complex photonic and RF sub-systems to provide (i) low noise, high dynamic range optical and RF front-ends and (ii) very wide band RF-Photonic signal processing with high SFDR to enable up conversion and down conversion of RF signals.
- Your RF design skills enable you to distill these concepts into RF systems and sub-systems
- Extensive experience of using CAE tools in both domains such as MATLAB Simulink, Keysight ADS & SystemVue is essential.
- You have the spoken and written communication skills to express these concepts to a wider audience.
- In addition to these analytical skills you can demonstrate considerable practical knowledge of of optical and RF test equipment for optical loss, spur free dynamic range, noise figure, etc. measurements.
- Due to the nature of our work, any candidate any candidate being considered must have 5 years UK residency. In addition, the candidate must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance to enable access to UK Eyes Only and ITAR export control information.