Lead Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Position – Lead Strategic Sourcing Specialist / Programme Manager
Type – Contract
Location – Yeovil / Remote Working
Rate – Circa £45.00 per hour PAYE
Hours – Typically 37.5 hours per week
Start Date – ASAP ?
Industry – Aviation / General Engineering / Manufacturing
Why you would want this role?
Our client is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
What are we looking for?
Due to an exciting period of growth, our site in Yeovil is looking for a Principal ISC Project Management Specialist. This is a role with fantastic career development for the right individual. The Principal ISC Project Management Specialist is responsible for the execution of all sourcing activities across the new product introduction (NPI) business.
What will you be doing every day?
• IPT (Integrated Product Team) Sourcing and Procurement focal for assigned development programs
• Influence and direct Sourcing & Procurement personnel to ensure needs of program are met;
• Escalation point of contact for assigned programs for all sourcing needs, including cost, quality, and delivery.
• Report out to sourcing leadership on program status.
• Manage IPDS (integrated product development system) phase gate deliverables for Sourcing and
• Procurement and ensure completion on time.
• Translate sourcing strategies into actionable plans at a program level and translate program needs back into sourcing strategies.
• Plan and manage sourcing activities for input into Program HMR (Honeywell Master Record) and IMS (Integrated Master Schedule) and the clients Accolade data-base
• Coordinate closure of any MRL (Manufacturing Readiness Levels) requirements for sourcing and procurement.
• Coordinate with cross-functional team to support triage activities, which includes support of core/non-core, make/buy, build-to-print versus build-to specification, and critical/non-critical part identification
• Lead all aspects of ESE (Early Supplier Engagement) for identified critical parts on each assigned program
• Facilitate design reviews with suppliers for buy parts
• Coordinate with Procurement and supplier contracting teams to ensure that parts on selected programs are awarded and contracted to preferred suppliers, and purchase orders place to meet program requirements.
• Lead all Long Term Contract (LTC) Addition activities with Global Sourcing for ESE parts and as required by each IPDS Phase gate.
• Produce and report sourcing metrics to teams and flawless launch portal. Ensure all metrics meet goals.
• Develop RAILs, track completion status, and escalate as necessary to eliminate barriers to performance.
• Perform Purchase Hardware Coordination for development hardware for the program effort including escalation to procurement groups for action and travel to supplier to engage and resolve issues
• Coordinate with Sourcing, AME (Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering) and Engineering to escalate and resolve delivery or technical performance issues with purchased parts
• Coordinate with Program Management, Engineering, AME and Procurement to ensure all buy parts meet program UPC and/or should cost targets
• Monitor Supplier APQP requirements.
• Coordinate Production Rate Readiness (PRR’s) with suppliers
• Support the cross-functional team in relation to the development of the AT0033 – the Bill of Material (BoM)
• Develop, Report, Manage the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for NPI Sourcing
• Develop, Report, Manage the Free of Charge Hardware (FOCH) for NPI Sourcing
• Develop, Report, Manage Cash Contribution for NPI Sourcing
• Interface, daily with global sourcing teams
• Facilitate ‘Should Costs’ with AME and the should cost teams
• Support the global Government Compliance team in support of US military platforms
• Compliance to Honeywell standard sourcing processes; Request for Quote, Information, Proposal etc, e-Auctions, NPS (New Product Sourcing) Contracts working with global teams, Sourcing, Commodity Managers and legal ahead of Contract placement.
• Be responsible for all NPS contracts being agreed on all ESE parts
• Facilitate appropriately signed Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) to protect Honeywell products and technical proprietary information
• Be responsible for all Restart programmes; Obsolesce Management, ability to read drawings across the range of commodities and find new sources of supply as required
What skills and requirements do you need?
• Solid experience of procurement and sourcing in an engineering/manufacturing capacity
• Ability to read drawings, specifications, help develop Statements of Work and shape and guide critical design reviews as the key stakeholders
• Proven skills in project management, and hands on experience
• Strong communication and influencing skills, in particular doing so with remote teams
• Familiarity with SAP would be advantageous
• Comfortable and used to working to tight deadlines
• Legal awareness of Contract formation and acceptance
• Proven demonstrable negotiation skills with key stakeholders; and examples of doing so under pressure
• Be an organised individual, with strong methodical tendencies
What’s important to us?
• Excellent communication skills for interactions with team mates and cross functions
• The skills to persuade and influence others
• Inherent ability to inspire, motivate people through new and exciting targets
• To work in support of cash contribution targets from the supply chain
Full compliance to Honeywell standard working.