Project Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Project Engineering Manager (PEM) to play an important role, leading engineering activities within a large global defence and aerospace technology company. Providing leadership and delivery of the engineering and bidding activities related to the companies specific line of business. This exciting role provides a challenge for an experienced Project Engineering Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Engaging with engineers across multiple domains to plan effort required to meet customer expectations.
- Engaging directly with customers and suppliers to respond to bids with the most technically compliant offering that is both expedient and cost effective.
- Leading a team of engineers across multiple projects to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of engineering activities.
- Ensure all bidding governance is applied to underpin the engineering estimates and plans.
- Plan the resourcing to meet project demands.
- Driving adherence to Engineering Governance and processes.
- Production and maintenance of Engineering Management Plans.
- Acting as the conduit to resolve technical issues across the teams.
- Provide Technical Review of Engineering material.
- Leading the Engineering inputs into bids for Mode 5 IFF.
- Leading the capture and analysis of the customers’ requirements and plan how to meet those in the most effective manner
- Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering or related science or equivalent work experience.
- It is essential that the candidate has a good engineering background and experience across the full lifecycle of complex projects.
- It is essential that the candidate has strong bid experience with complex, bespoke solutions.
- It is essential that the candidate has strong leadership and interpersonal skills in this demanding role.
- Engineering management experience in a similar kind of environment.
- Proven experience in planning of activities and identifying dependencies and technical issues.
- Commercial awareness and experience of working directly with customers.
- Ability to self-manage and establish strong stakeholder relationships