Senior QA Engineer | 7-Month Contract | SC Clearance / Eligibility
Role: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Rate: £55 Umbrella / £41.55 PAYE
Essential Skills: SC Clearance or eligibility to gain / QMS experience / Certified Lead Auditor or significant auditing systems experience / APQP & PPAP experience
A marine client of mine are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join them on a contract basis for 7 months.
The role will involve:
- Providing support to Projects at an early stage to define appropriate quality requirements,
- To assure Life Time Records (LTRs) provide effective evidence that the design intent of plant, equipment and Infrastructure has been achieved,
- Providing advice to Suppliers and Subcontractors on producing the required Life Time Records (LTRs) and undertake reviews to provide assurance that the records meet specified requirements,
- Interfacing with and providing advice to Project Management, Engineering and construction Disciplines on project Quality related matters,
- Review & provide improvements into Project deliverable documentation,
- Reviewing and mark-up Quality related documents such as Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) & Quality Management Plans, and support contractors in their development,
- Ensure that all handover documentation is prepared & maintained on an ongoing basis to enable work package completion in a timely manner,
- Conducting internal and external audits,
- Supporting ongoing efforts to raise the quality and delivery capability of the Suppliers and Subcontractors
- Knowledge / Experience of quality management systems and their requirements (Preferably BS EN ISO 9001)
- Certified as a Lead Auditor or have significant previous experience in auditing systems, processes, products or suppliers. (Preferably BS EN ISO 9001).
- An NVQ Level 4 or recognised professional status or significant experience in relevant engineering discipline with NVQ Level 3 in an engineering discipline.
- Experience of Quality Planning for products or projects relative to the full Project or Product Lifecycle (APQP / PPAP),
- A recognised professional qualification in Quality Management or equivalent experience of working as part of or leading a quality management team,
- Nuclear sector experience preferred,
- Experience delivering quality on infrastructure contracts.