VP Land Logistics and Training Services
Are you currently an experienced leader/business executive? Do you take pride in effective leadership and management?
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to lead a primary growth area within one of the world-leaders in Defence and Aerospace,
A key aspect of this role is to manage and lead the team in a fast paced, evolving environment where the customer is demanding new levels of performance and new approaches to current account and future requirements. In order to make the most of this exciting business leadership and growth opportunity, you will able to demonstrate a strong track record of business development in this domain, coupled with P&L responsibility, stakeholder management and strategic thinking skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Deliver of the Integrated Business Plan (IBP) for the sector; including £100’sM revenue, cash, margin and orders
- Secure the order intake associated with strategic Land Logistics and Training Services campaigns, such as Land logistics, CTTP and Air NGOT
- Build the skills and capability of the Land Logistics and Training Services team in line with campaign execution and order intake requirements.
- Launch the resulting programmes through the programme teams, including delivery of the initial phases of customer and business value.
- Inform the development of future capability and future campaigns
- Continue to evolve the Land Logistics and Training Services offering in line with customer requirements and our service portfolio and developments in Digital
- Develop a network of partnerships and collaborative relationships across Industry and key customers to enable the strategy
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience as a business leader, Programme Manager or other managerial position in the land domain and/ or training service environment
- Experience of business winning and being in a key external customer facing role.
- Detailed understanding of programme and financial controls.
- Demonstrated ability to influence both internally and externally at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to proactivity manage poor performance and conflict resolution to mitigate detrimental impact to the customer and business objectives.
- Able to provide effective delegation, management and coordination of business activities.
- A transformative thinker with excellent problem solving skills and initiative and the ability to think laterally.
- Individual and collective training leading the development of both individuals and cohesive teams
- Ability to transform military training solutions to meet more complex threats
- Experience of development and implementation of innovation in simulation and digital technologies in improving training effectiveness.
- Ability to manage the transition to increasing levels of synthetic training and use of simulated environments
- Management and Integration of strategic partners and subcontractors, understanding of outsourcing, integration and risk sharing