Position – Procurement Specialist
Type – Contract
Location – Luton, Bedfordshire
Duration – 6 months +
Rate – £22.50 per hour PAYE contract
Hours – Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30, Friday 08:00 – 13:00
Start Date – ASAP ?
Reporting to the Sourcing Leader for respective GBE, this position is responsible for procurement and strategic sourcing for the respective site(s) within scope and/or Gold Business Enterprise (GBE).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
– Provide support to the global strategic sourcing function to drive respective GBE growth and competitiveness for respective sites
– Connect and align strategic sourcing function goals and GBE business goals to ensure robust GBE sourcing plans and performance results for respective sites.
– Deliver Annual Operating Plan for respective sites including productivity (DM and VE), NPI, working capital improvement, supplier performance (PPM, WALT), and continuity of supply (OTTR).
– Attend relevant GBE business, site and/or ISC MORs, Staff Meetings and Tier Meetings as outlined in Management Operating System (MOS).
– Partner tightly with the Sourcing Functional Leaders and Integrated Supply Chain leaders to develop strategy, mobilize commitment, drive change, and ensure execution.
– Provide oversight of local purchasing practices for the assigned manufacturing sites in the GBE region and in support of the annual operating plan.
– Ensure tight and collaborative alignment with Materials Planning.
– Ensure supply continuity for respective sites through effective partnering with ISC Materials Planning, appropriate Tiered Escalation for supply issues, and interacting directly with suppliers to avoid line stoppage and production delays
– Ensure all DM initiatives and supplier agreements are implemented at respective sites quickly and efficiently to ensure maximum benefit for GBE and sites
– Lead assigned projects; transitions, cycle time, productivity and/or working capital as mutually agreed between GBE Sourcing and DM Sourcing teams.
– Support NPI results for respective sites; launch GBE NPI projects on-time and on-target material costs, ensure all work products are completed for relevant projects, leverage enablers to drive NPI results; (eAuction, Cost Analytics, NPI BAE, PSL, Preferred Initiatives), ensure NPI Leadtime and HGR metrics are met and maximize Direct Material Save through NPI Commercial Leverage.
– Support VE CE results for respective sites, work with ISC to ensure site optimal implementation of VE and CE projects to maximize save and reduce excess inventory.
– Exceed VE CE AOP for relevant sites.
– Ensure appropriate sourcing Tiered Escalation processes, measures and metrics are in place and deployed within relevant sites and connecting to sourcing functions to drive success.
– Deploy of HOS principles across relevant sites including Tiered Escalation, X Matrix flow down, Kaizen, leveraging HBT sourcing Process Excellence or other relevant resources.
– Lead and develop and train direct reports to successful achievement of assigned goals.
Utilising the SAP based computer system.
– Liaise with accounts department on invoice, credit blocks and other issues.
– Monitor, maintain and improve purchasing / planning functions.
– Ensure supplier delivery performance is sufficient to achieve 98% OTD – coordinate recovery plans for poor supplier performance
– Ensure that Safe working methods are adhered to within the area and participate on the Health & safety initiatives. Reporting accidents and near miss incidents.
– Ensure High standards of housekeeping are maintained in the area
– Undergraduate degree preferred
– 3+ years experience in Operations and/or Supply Management
– Graduate degree preferred
– CPIM and/or CPM certification desired.
– Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred
– Previous experience in global high-volume electronics manufacturing business preferred.
– Ability to lead change; effectively establishes high performing teams and act as a role model with high performance standards.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills including crisp verbal skills plus effective listening skills; effective facilitation skills.
– Demonstrates high energy and models behaviors to motivate the team.
– Execution skills including persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
– Strategic thinking skills including an ability to make sound business judgments related to strategic supply philosophies and initiatives.
– Technical skills including solid negotiation skills; excellent knowledge of operations management and supply chain processes in a large organization.
– Experienced in managing a complex global supply base.
– Demonstrated capability to drive performance from large, complex global supply base.
Start date – ASAP
Remote working initially but expected to return to office full time once premises re-open.