Project Design Authority – Software and Systems
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
As a Project Design Authority you will be responsible for solution compliance for a bid or project. You will act as the primary technical leader of the bid or project team and support technical interfaces with the Customer.
This role will give you the opportunity to work in the transport sector on cutting edge projects within integrated communication systems. The most successful PDAs are people who are comfortable really getting embedded in to a solution and are very hands on.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Supports Customer needs/requirements and assesses Solution architecture and technical choices.
- Ensures Solution compliance with Customer needs, Product Policy, Make-Team-Buy Strategy & applicable legislation, rules & regulations.
- Reviews the technical risks and opportunities and the related mitigation plans throughout the bid or project.
- Ensures best trade-off between Customer requirements & Product Policy consistent with schedule, costs, Make-Team-Buy strategy & risks/ opportunities.
- Checks the production and the maintenance/service aspects of the Solution with the Production Process/Technology Manager (PPTM) and the Service Engineering Manager.
- Approves the technical specification and source selection of subsystems/products to be outsourced, by taking into account Make-Team-Buy policy, export restrictions and offset requirements.
- Checks that the Engineering Environment (E2) for the Solution is consistent with Country/Company E2 Instruction, and overall Solution cost, technical risks & schedule.
- Approves the Design & Justification File (D&JF) prepared by the Solution Architect
- Approves the completion of integration, verification, validation and qualification results.
- Leads the main bid/project Engineering Reviews and approves the main Engineering deliverables at each project decision milestone.
- Contribute to business strategy and product development as required. Including
Skills and Experience
- A well-proven capability – with natural ability to build and sustain strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships across the business and achieve outcomes beneficial to both own team and the broader business.
- A strong record of on-budget, on-time delivery, whilst maximising margin and delighting the customer.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of whole systems engineering lifecycles for large complex systems.
- Proven technical/project experience in critical control systems engineering