Principal Software Engineer (Real Time Embedded)
Are you an experienced Software Engineer looking for your next step within the Defence industry? We have a great opportunity with one of the largest Aerospace and Defence companies.
You will be responsible for a team enhancing the capability of current and future state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems with UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team applying your knowledge to develop real time embedded software and solve complex engineering problems.
- Use your skills to code, debug and test software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level device driver code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- Understand and interpret user requirements in order to influence and define requirements, architecture, and design.
- Actor as a mentor and role model to junior software engineers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of developing and integrating embedded software with bare board systems or Real-Time Operating Systems such as VxWorks.
- Demonstrable use of ADA, C++, C or other embedded software languages.
- Experience of the S/W Engineering lifecycle including requirements definition, high & low level design, integration, testing and product delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of Avionics Communication protocols such as ARINC 429, 629, Duplex Switched Ethernet (AFDX).
- Experience of hardware interfacing and implementing drivers (e.g. PCI Express, Ethernet, SDLC, 1553 and 3910).
- Good understanding of Software Configuration Management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
- Self-motivated with a strong technical focus and aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion.