Senior Model Engineer
A leading defence technology company are looking to recruit a Senior Modelling Engineer to provide specialist technical analysis and simulation model development of Electro-optic/Infra-Red and RF sensors. The tasks will require you to master textual and graphical programming environments, utilising skills and experience in research, mathematical modelling, develop signal processing elements of complex systems, simulation and analysis.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and shall be responsible for discrete tasks of specification, design, modelling, testing, validation, and results analysis. You must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and a competent team leader and team-player who can communicate clearly. This position includes a requirement to travel in support of customer meetings. The position is part of a small team of analysts.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- STEM background and at least 4 years relevant experience
- Ability to program in MATLAB
- Advanced MATLAB/SIMULINK skills
- Ability to understand C code
- Software engineering
- MS Office Ability to process and analyse large and complex data sets from multiple sources.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Awareness of real time computing techniques and limitations.
- Ability to program in C.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about RF and/or IR sensors, threat systems, defensive aids suites and countermeasures.
- Experience in the use of modelling and simulation of complex control systems.
- Experience or knowledge of electronic warfare principles and air platform protection requirements.
- Defence related experience.
Understanding of RF and/or IR theory. Ability to assimilate complex concepts. Team-working. Prepared to work none-standard hours. Ability to work with minimum of supervision. Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-experts both written and orally. Hold, or be prepared to undergo, UK security clearance. Full UK driving licence.